Saturday, August 23, 2008

and now for something completely apropos and different

I haven't said much from the angle of my penchant for the contrarian mentality recently, but don't worry, it's still alive and kicking. I came across two stories this morning that had me laughing out loud.

The first describes the inanity of word and number puzzles, and bemoans the lack of actual reading in our country in a way that makes me jealous of its brilliance.

The second is even more hilarious, as two people in their late twenties have ravaged the national parks by, you guessed it, correcting any signs of poor grammar on park signs!!!
They have henceforth been banned from the national park system, at least temporarily.


Oh the huge manatee.

1 comment:

the grigoryevs said...

ha ha ha

although wait a minute, i do crosswords sometimes...